2006


[Listening to: Smile Like You Mean It - The Killers - Hot Fuss (03:57)]

I guess the only way any resolutions mean anything is if you write them down. Now I'm not good at resolutions, my view is that January 1st is a day just like any other. I mean, if you want to give up something start today by all means, but if you thought about it last week why didn't you just start then? Tomorrow is always tomorrow. So instead, here is a list of things I'd like to do this year, some are easy, some dependent on other things, none of them are things I need to give up:
  • Smile at least once a day.

  • Find a new job

  • Be a nicer person

  • Write more

  • Try not to ruin any holidays

  • See Ella, my goddaughter

  • Be greener

  • Walk the Beacons Way, a 161km (100 mile) walk across the Brecon Beacons National Park in South Wales, with F and T, my companions for Hadrian's Wall last year.

  • Cycle Italy - North to South, or the Ciclopista del Sole, as it's known in Italian. Hopefully with someone else to keep me company! T, are you interested? And raise some money for charity at the same time, of course.

  • Have more holidays. First trip is to visit F in Mimizan, France. I've never been to France apart from on snowboarding holidays, and I've definitely never been with a French girl, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Comments

Popular Posts