If I Were PM
[Listening to: Counting Down the Days - Natalie Imbruglia - Counting Down the Days (04:09)]
Sky News have been running a piece recently on what people would do if they were British Prime Minister. So here is my own personal election manifesto, in no particular order:
- Close all McDonalds and turn them into shelters for the homeless.
- Ban cheese. It makes you fat. I'd retrain all sniffer dogs at airports to be able to detect cheese and not drugs.
- Free cycle helmets for all children under 16.
- Ban musicals. People don't walk down the street trying to tell each other things by singing. It's wrong I tell you, wrong.
- No more car imports into Britain until every car in every lot has been sold.
- More cycle lanes, more public transport. It's that simple.
- No Coke machines or junk food in schools, period. Jamie Oliver knew a bad thing when he saw it.
- More solar power (easier here in Rome, I know). More wind power - plenty of that in the UK....