Lunchtime Blog



The nice things I've seen (or heard) this week:

An owl that (presumably) lives in the park at the top of my street. I hear him in the evenings screeching as he hunts, and occasionally get to see him, usually perched on one of the many television aerials that sprout like trees from the tops of buildings in Rome. He's big, and although I've only seen him (or her) in flight once I was impressed at the wingspan.

Cycling to work this morning, my path was blocked by two horses. I had to ride behind them for a while as they ambled along, tails swishing, and occasionally looking back to check on me...
As in the daytime there is no star in the sky warmer and brighter than the sun, likewise there is no competition greater than the Olympic Games
Pindar, 5th century BC.

Comments

Popular Posts