Soundtracks


[Listening to: Call and Answer - Barenaked Ladies - Stunt [UK Bonus CD] Disc 1 (05:49)]

Back in September the Observer Music Montly recommended 10 Film Soundtracks to own. Prompted by the fact that although I recognised the films, I didn't own any of the titles, I scoured my CD collection to see which soundtracks I did own:

Singles
Vanilla Sky
Almost Famous
Blade Runner
Bullitt
Map Of The Human Heart
What Dreams May Come
The English Patient
Amelie
Face Off
The Talented Mr. Ripley
The Fifth Element
Leon
Se7en
12 Monkeys
6 Days 6 Nights
The Great Escape
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Apocalypse Now (Redux)
Reality Bites
Natural Born Killers
Ocean's Eleven
Platoon
Being John Malkovich
Once Upon a Time In America
I Am Sam
Plunkett & Macleane
Elizabeth

Now these are not in any particular order other than that's the way they were stored on the shelf. None of the 32 soundtracks I own is in the Observer list, which is no bad thing. I'm sure many of these are on other peoples shelves, although a few are probably not (Map Of The Human Heart). Some don't really go together (you're hardly likely to play Natural Born Killers followed by Elizabeth..). Quite a few of them would probably be considered classic soundtracks, Platoon, Pulp Fiction and Bullitt for instance. But I've seen all of the films, and for the most part liked the music so much that's why I bought them.

Comments

Popular Posts