Hanoi


[Listening to: Accidents Will Happen - Elvis Costello & the Attractions - Armed Forces (03:01)]

Overloaded Bicycle Street Market, Hanoi A Quite Street, Hanoi

To quote another song from Elvis Costello, I just don't know where to begin....

Our trip to Vietnam was, well, brief. On the 4th day I managed to pull the muscles in my back around the vertabrae I broke 5 years ago. Despite a visit to L'Hopital Francais De Hanoi and 2 days flat on my back in a hotel room, I made little improvement and so we flew back, and for the last 3 weeks I've been flat on my back most of the day. I did manage to take a few photos around the Old Quarter of Hanoi and in Halong Bay whilst we were there, so I've posted these and I'll try to post a few more over the next days (I can now sit down for brief periods).

Although we didn't see much of Hanoi, highlights of what we did see would be the Old Quarter, where all of the photos above were taken. We took a cyclo ride to see the One Pillar Pagoda, the Temple of Literature (Van Mieu) founded in 1072 to honour Confucius, after which we had a late snack at KOTO, a cafe around the corner, where I tasted probably the most refreshing drink I've ever had, and ate some fantastic food. What I saw of Hanoi definitely made me want to go back. It's a wonderful place.

The Temple of Literature Shoe Street, the Old Quarter, Hanoi One Pillar Pagoda, Hanoi

Comments

Popular Posts