My Way


[Listening to: Don't Look Back - Lloyd Cole - Collection]

Todays Telegraph had a piece on cover versions "They did it their way". Surprisingly I have quite a few that made their list :

41 Hazy Shade of Winter - The Bangles
40 I Fought the Law - The Clash
30 I'm A Believer - Robert Wyatt
28 Jealous Guy - Roxy Music
25 Wonderwall - Ryan Adams
24 Why Can't We Live Together - Sade
21 Only Love Can Break Your Heart - St Etienne
20 Police and Thieves - The Clash
19 Sweet Jane - Cowboy Junkies

Now I know it' subjective, but how did they not include:

A Little Respect - Wheatus,
Redemption Song - Joe Strummer and the Mescaleroes
Because The Night - 10,000 Maniacs
More Than This - 10,000 Maniacs
The Only Living Boy In New York - Everything But The Girl
Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head - Manic Street Preachers
Shipbuilding - Suede
Knockin' On Heaven's Door - Avril Lavigne
Highway 61 Revisited - PJ Harvey
Superstition - Stevie Ray Vaughan
Everyone's Talkin' - The Beautiful South

..and that's just off the top of my head (and from my CD collection). Now I realise that the Telegraph isn't comparable with Q, but....

Comments

Popular Posts